Redirecting you to Developer Center... Click here if you are not automatically redirected.
- Manual Set up
Manually set up your IoT Core device
Download and install the Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview Image
Getting the image Hide
The set up experience for the latest Insider Preview image is slightly different than our other products.
The following flow is to help you get going with our most recent builds (hot off the press!).
If you have a Raspberry Pi 3, you will need to download the most recent Insider Preview image.
Download the most recent Insider Preview image.
Get Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview
You need to have a valid Microsoft Account and need to be signed up for the Windows Insider Program to be able to download the Insider Preview.
Visit the downloads page here for more details.
- Click the desired image under the "Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview". You are required to have a Microsoft account and must a part of the Windows Insider Program to gain access to this image. Joining the Windows Insider Program is free and anyone can join.
Once you're signed up, select the build version (a higher number indicates a newer build) and your device, click "Download Now".
- Find the downloaded .ISO and double click on it.
- Double click the Windows Installer Package (.MSI) and follow the installation steps
- Launch the IoT Dashboard. The Windows 10 IoT Core dashboard will allow you to flash the downloaded image onto your SD card. You can install the IoT Dashboard from here.
- Click "Set up a new device". Once there, select "Custom" from the "Device type" drop down. Click the "Browse" button to find your image (.ffu)
- Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft IoT\FFU\DeviceType" and select Flash.ffu.
- Click "Install". Note that you must have a compliant SD card to successfully flash. We recommend a Class 10 SD card with a size of at least 8 GB or more. Once done flashing, you can remove the SD card and plug it into your device.